If you haven’t been to Mia this summer you should stop by to see the zinnias blooming at the 3rd Avenue entrance. They are colorful and gorgeous, reminding me of Jennifer Steinkamp’s video installation titled, Hurdy Gurdy Man.
I am pleased to announce that the Friend’s new Office Coordinator, Claire Goulson, started her position on August 31. Previously, she worked at the Loft Literary Center. Some of you might remember her as an intern for Art in Bloom 2016. Claire is a warm and welcoming presence in our office. Her office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4:30 pm.
There are opportunities and challenges facing Friends in the next few months. I will be focusing my attention on the following:
- Working with Membership Co-Chairs, Sharon Secor and Alison Greene to increase membership while maintaining our current membership. At this time, our membership stands at about 700!
- Working with Friends Treasurer, Renee Kessler and Development Relations Chair, Beverly Houschild-Baron to prioritize reducing our Delacroix pledge to Mia. At this time, we owe Mia about $308,000.
- Working with Newsletter Co-Chairs, Tippy Madden and Kris Berggren to ensure every member receives a Newsletter.
- Working with Art in Bloom Co-Chairs, Kris Bjorklund and Sheila Folkestad, to plan for a fragrant, beautiful and in-person AIB 2022.
- Working with Centennial Co-Chairs, Mary Merrick and Pam Friedland, for a sparkling Centennial celebration in 2022.
In this newsletter you will find information on our upcoming events. I hope to see you at all of them! Please know I appreciate every member and am honored to serve as your President.