Have you strolled the Mia galleries lately? Simply walking into the building is a color trip as russet, gold and lime leaves swirl around Third Avenue.
I recommend a visit to The Contemporary Print, 20 Years at Highpoint Editions exhibition (October 9 through January 9). The remarkable prints hanging on the walls (such as Harriet by Rico Gatson, pictured below) are buoyed by labels that spotlight the printmaking process.
The exhibition includes a pop-up print studio where local artists conduct live printmaking every other Saturday. On your way out, consider a stop at Agra Culture for a cup of hot coffee and a generously sized cookie.
As always, our dedicated committees have planned an outstanding itinerary of events for you. As members you are invited to:
- Shop at our clearance sale on December 1 and 2. Find beautiful new items originally purchased for the 2019 and 2020 Art in Bloom shop. All items priced to sell. More details to come.
- Participate in the Friends book club and private tour on Friday, November 20. We’re reading Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer.
- Attend the Friends lecture on Thursday, November 11. Tova Brandt, Director of the Danish Museum will talk about mid-century modern Danish design.
- Attend a Friends Only talk on Wednesday, November 17. The topic is Post-Impressionism.
- Mark your calendars — January 20, 2022 will be an exceptionally brilliant day with the Friends Centennial kick-off lecture and luncheon. Eike Schmidt, director of the Uffizi Gallery in
Florence will give the Fiterman Lecture, followed by an elegant luncheon in the Target Reception Hall. Look for your invitation soon.
These events were planned with you in mind. Enjoy these and all the benefits of your membership by renewing early. Details and ticketing are found in this newsletter.
Thanks for being a Friend of the Institute.